Monday, July 24, 2006

Summer In the City!


This is Claire at our new local park today. The park isn't new, but we're new to the park...get it? The move went off without a hitch and we are trying to settle into our new surroundings. There's way too much to catch up on, so in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

Back to the picture. Doesn't she look cute with all that water behind her? There's a part of the park with water shooting out all over. Reminds me of the kids you see on Sesame Street that are cooling off with the fire hydrant in the city. Well, we're not really in the city, but "summer in the city" sounds more interesting that "summer in the suburbs"! Here are some other great pics from today.


I have also been catching up a bit on some knitting. Not as much as I'd like, though. (I have these fantasies of me spending hours at a time knitting one beautiful gift after another and maybe even knitting something for myself.) Here's the progress on the third of Kathy's teddy bear sweaters.


We have a lovely porch on the side of the house and I've enjoyed knitting out there when it's cool enough. Since this picture was taken I've finished the back and one sleeve and cast on the second sleeve. I'll have this out to Kathy by the end of the week. Then it's on to the scrumptious baby blanket and eventually a couple of shawls for a charity auction and a Christmas present. (See what I mean about the fantasy thing??!!)

OK...gotta go do some fantasy laundry. I'll try to check in more often now that my schedule is back to normal (whatever that is!). Thanks for your patience!

4 comments:

Brett Probert said...

Good to have you back in blog land. And, boy, do I hear you on that "knitting all day" thing!

Anny said...

Ohhh, fantasy knitting! How I wish ;0)

I'm glad the move went well. What a great park that is (gorgeous pics of the kids too ;0)

I too am not knitting as much as I would like these days. I've been back at work for 3 and a half weeks now and am struggling with the energy thing. I'm too pooped to knit when I get home. Especially since...I'm pregnant! I just found out a few weeks ago but can't mention it on my blog yet because my colleagues read it. But I can mention it here ;0)

I'm thrilled of course (though a little nervous at how close in age Julian and his apprentice will be - just 21 months)!

But you made it right? And it looks like you're still mostly sane ;0P

Glad your back!

Cheers!

kat's mosaic'd world said...

Oh.. how I have missed you!!! I need directions to come visit you at your new house! (not that it will be anytime BEFORE the baby comes) the sweater looks great! I can't wait for the baby blanket. I am 36 weeks today. The nursery is finished. (excupt for a set of curtains-) The city park looks FUN. Wish we had one.... kathy

Jan said...

Cute pictures! Glad the move went well. Happy to read about the "nest" again. Blessings!