Monday, September 18, 2006

Vote!

Just a short post because it's nearly time for kick-off (GO STEELERS), and because I don't have anything to say nearly as important as Keith, Brett and Chris!

Saw the Povertyneck Hillbillies last night at a benefit concert for the TJ Youth Football organization. Despite the fact that the event staff did not seem to have their heads screwed on tight (should the "security" really be guzzling beer all night? Isn't that like getting drunk at your own party?) and despite the fact that I had to relocate my car to a far-away shuttle stop after being told to park in the closer lot by the event staff (perhaps they had already begun to enjoy the bubbly) and despite the fact that I kept wondering, " SHOULD THEY REALLY BE SERVING BEER AT A FUNCTION DESIGNED TO RAISE FUNDS FOR YOUTH FOOTBALL????!!!!" (a drunk football mom is not a pretty sight).....

Gasp!

....I had a really good time.

There were two main reasons for having a good time.

Number one...I went with my super-cool daughter, Kate who is a great gig date! Even if she did abandon me to rush the stage and stand at Chris's feet, she's so much fun to hang with. Love you, Kate!

Number two...The Povertyneck Hillbillies are awesome! I still enjoy seeing them after all these times.

If you want to see their new video featuring Steeler's Quarterback, Ben Roethlisberger, click on the button to the right.

To vote for their video on GAC tv (Great American Coutry)...go here! Last week they were Number 2 in the nation! Move over Carrie Underwood!!!! You can vote once every 24 hours (and if you know how to delete the cookies on your computer, you can vote over and over...not that I would condone stuffing the ballot box...wink, wink)

Gotta Go! Enjoy the game!

r

2 comments:

Katiekate said...

i am soo touched!!

Anonymous said...

I think what you have to say is WAY more important than either Keith or Chris!

Love,
Brett