Monday, April 24, 2006

Bad to Blog?

It is possible, just possible, that reading all of the cool blogs that I do is messing with my brain right now. Why? Well, everyone has such fantastic stuff they are designing, knitting, sewing and actually finishing and I can't seem to get my butt in gear long enough to finish the laundry. I'm stuck.

Stuck in the "we-can't-move-for-another-month-and-a-half-and-it's-really-too-soon-to-
get-serious-about-packing-so-why- bother-cleaning-anyhow" rut.


This is paired with the "I-really-don't-like-to-clean-this-big-unruly-house-but-do-actually-take-some-
pride-in-it-when-its-clean-but-
can't-relax-or-really-enjoy-doing-much-of-
anything-if-its-not-clean" phase that I'm going through.


It's a toxic combination. I need a game plan. I need to just dive in and get started. Our church is having a rummage sale in two weeks and they are getting the bulk of my "treasures". Two weeks to purge and then the packing can begin. It's just such a daunting task. It's so messy. It's so disorderly. I don't do messy or disorderly very well, although my life as a pastor's wife with four children tends to be messy and disorderly.

Breathe.

It will all get done, right?

Right?

2 comments:

Anny said...

Oh my, sounds exhausting! But you'll get it done and will even survive it! I promise ;0)

And thanks for the great tip about making 6 squares and sewing them into a cube. I've been thinking up ideas for a future handknit business (which is why I developed the bunny square and invested in the Barbara G Walker books). I think the cube toy would be both simple to knit and marketable! Thanks for the great idea. I think I'll run with it...

Cheers!

Brett Probert said...

I'm with Anny...I promise too!