Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Grrrr!

I'm getting frustrated. I'm making these socks and I'm not happy with them. I'm having trouble with the ladders that appear when you begin stitching on a new needle. Know what I mean?Everything I've read has said to tug the first and second stitch a bit tighter, but it doesn't seem to make a significant difference. I'm pretty sure that it will look better when stretched over a leg, but it still bothers me. And I'm pretty sure that no one (except maybe another knitter) would even notice them, but it still bothers me. I don't even know if you can see them in this picture.

And another thing. Why does this always happen to my yarn when I try to pull it from the skein??!?

Does everyone else always make a ball of the yarn first? This always happens. Knitting these socks isn't nearly as enjoyable as it was supposed to be. Althought I love the Brittany bamboo needles. I'm not even crazy about the colors. I'm not usually into pastels, but I thought this would be nice for Spring. I'd really prefer these socks that the Yarn Harlot made. Much more to my liking.

Help!!

No comments: