Wednesday, March 08, 2006

Poncho Post

I whipped up this poncho for Danika, a sweet little friend from our church. If you remember, I was making her a cute baby kimono before the Knitting Olympics began. I was going to finish it, but it really seemed so baby-ish, and even though Danika is only 18 months old, she just doesn't have a baby attitude. She's much more of a diva than that! I thought this would be a lot cuter with her little jeans or something. Unfortunately I think it may be too big...who knows...I didn't really use a pattern. I used big needles and it was only 20 stitches across...speedy! If you look closely (click on the picture) you can see some family photos on the buffet behind the chair. Wish they were more clear...they're some of my favorites.

Friday night I'm going to see the Pittsburgh Ballet Theater's production of Swingin' It, featuring the music of Frank Sinatra and Cole Porter. My mom got tickets for us. It will be a nice night away for me and I'll be spending the night at her place...a mini retreat! Saturday I'm taking her to Knit Wits in Greensburg. To be honest, part of the reason I made the quickie poncho for Danika was to free up my time to start something new. I wonder what it will be? Something for moi, perhaps? Imagine that!

No comments: