Friday, February 17, 2006

Half Way There!!

Well, the Olympics are half over and my scarf is officially half done. I really didn't like the middle square that the pattern called for, so I took a little bit of time to find another one that would fit well with the rest of the scarf. I chose the Diamond Brocade stitch pattern. It's turning out quite nicely.
It was so hard to watch the Olympics tonight! The awesome Snowboard Cross event was tragically disappointing for American snowboarder, Lindsey Jacobellis. She was so excited going into the very last jump of the run that she blew the jump and landed on her butt. Was she showing off? Was it unchecked enthusiasm? Who knows (except Lindsey), but she was still amazing. She's being hounded by the press and there's no compassion at all. I've been impressed by how well-spoken and gracious she's been. I say, if she was showing off...good for her! She got the Silver medal for cryin' out loud! A little American arrogance is good for the soul!

No comments: